Saturday 16 May 2009

Crimefest 2009 - Part 4

Let me start by saying that this is going to be a very brief post and I will post a lot more later. The interview between Michael Connelly and Peter Gutteridge was excellent. It was wide ranging and Michael covered topics ranging from why he decided to bring back Jack McEvoy, what he is working on at the moment, Harry Bosch to the fact that when Blood Work was made into a film it brought him a whole new readership and the various attempts that have been made to film his books. I have to admit that I enjoy hearing Michael talk and despite the fact that I had just been interviewing him with my fellow Shots colleagues Mike Stotter and Ali Karim, I made sure that I was in the room to listen to him talk to Peter Gutteridge.

This evening at the Gala Dinner I ended up wearing the purple dress which went down very well indeed. I haven't received so many compliments in ages. It does wonders !

Three awards were given out this evening. The first award was The Last Laugh Award and the winner was Christoher Fowler for The Victoria Vanishes. The other nominees were Gilbert Adair for And Then There Was None, Christopher Brookmyre for A Snowball in Hell, Colin Cotteril for Anarchy and Old Dogs, Mike Ripley for Angels Unaware and Donald Westlake for Don't Ask.

The second award that was given out was the Audible Sounds of Crime Awards. The winner for the Best Abridged Crime Audio was tied. It was split between Stieg Larsson for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Ian Rankin's Doors Open. The winner of the Best Unabridged Crime Audiobook was Kate Atkinson's When Will There Be Good News.

I will post more later but have to dash as I am due down in the bar!

No comments: