Tuesday 19 February 2019

50th Year in Crime Writing - Peter Lovesey Update

As far back as 1969 I was announced as the winner of a first crime novel prize and I’m pleased to let you know that my fiftieth year of crime writing is marked with three new books.

The Crime of Miss Oyster Brown, from Crippen & Landru, is the first US publication of my 1994 short story collection, with a new introduction. Published February 28. See www.crippenlandru.com for details.

Bertie: The Complete Prince of Wales Mysteries is an omnibus edition from Soho Press of the three novels Bertie and the Tinman, Bertie and the Seven Bodies and Bertie and the Crime of Passion, published March 10, also with a new introduction from me. See https://sohopress for details.


The third book is the new novel in the Peter Diamond series.  Killing with Confetti will be published in July this year by my usual publishers, Sphere, in the UK and Soho Press, in the US. More information will follow at my website www.peterlovesey.com 




And finally, I’m to be honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the world mystery convention, Bouchercon, in Dallas, Texas, in October/November, which also reaches its 50th year in the crime field.

1 comment:

Dean James said...

Congratulations, Peter! Wonderful news about your publications this Golden Year.