Saturday 22 May 2010

Crimefest 2010 - Day 3 (Part1)

Technically speaking I am correct and it is day three of Crimefest. However, yesterday evening I had the pleasure of announcing the Short Story Dagger Short List. I already posted the short list online earlier this evening and the winners will be announced at Harrogate Crime Festival in July.

Dinner last night was spent in the pleasant company of my friend Kirstie Long, fellow Shots colleagues Mike Stotter and Ali Karim, Adrian Magson and his wife Ann, Matt Hilton and his wife Denise and Shelia Quigley. I am not sure what the Italian restaurant thought of us but we were actually well-behaved and were not too noisy. After dinner we made our way back to the bar in the hotel where I have just the rest of the night (before deciding to come back up to my room and post this blog) talking to Stanley Trollip, (one half of the team that writes as Michael Stanley), Alison Bruce, Emily Bronstein and Peter Rozovsky who has the excellent blog Detectives Beyond Borders.

Unlike last night where I went to bed relatively early (for me anyway)at 11:30pm tonight I am still up at 1:50am in the morning. Tomorrow (or I should say) later on this morning I shall make up my mind what panels I am going to attend and unlike yesterday morning (when I made the mistake of thinking that the panels started at 10:00am)I am quite certain that the panels start at 10:00am. I am just not certain which one I am going to attend. Will it be All The Young Punks: Debut Authors or In the Spotlight where authors have 15 minutes each to talk about whatever they want. I shall just have to wait and see.

No comments: