Thursday 20 May 2010

Crimefest 2010 - Day 1

Crimefest 2010 has once again come around and like last year I shall be blogging intermittently about the festival and what is happening. For those of you that read my blog last year you will know what to expect.

So far not much has happened. My trip down from London Paddington whilst uneventful was rather enjoyable. I had company this year. My friend Kirstie Long is also along for the ride. Even before we left London I had managed to bump in to the delightful Ruth Dudley Edwards whose non-fiction book on the Omagh bombing is one of the best non-fiction books this year along with her agent Jane Conway-Gordon. I also saw Barry Forshaw who biography on Stieg Larsson The Man who Left Too Soon has recently been published. The video trailer for the book can be found ">here

Arriving at the hotel was plain sailing (we took a taxi!) but so far the only fly in the ointment has been the fact that our room was not ready. This of course meant that I missed the first two panels. The first panel Sheena is a Punk Rocker: Good Girls, Bad Girls & Everything in Between - Writing Female Protagonist. The panel members were Cassandra Clark, Katherine Hall Page, Mary Andrea Clarke and Alison Joseph. The moderator was Cath Staincliffe who is the author of the television series Blue Murder. The second panel being Punishment Fits the Crime: Crime Fiction as Social Commentary - Writing about Society, Morality & Justice. The panel members were Lesley Horton, Adrian Magson, Edward Marston, Claire Seeber and was moderated by Steve Mosby. I am really upset about this as I really wanted to get to the second panel. I am now just keeping my fingers crossed that I will get to the third panel but it is not looking likely though our room is ready my luggage has gone awol! The only saving grace so far has been seeing Donna Moore.

I'll let you know what happens!

No comments: